click for the latest & hippiest gadget in town!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Self-actualization

Why people need to change?
Why do we need to grow up?
Why growing up packaged with tons of responsibilities?
And why are there expectations that we need to live up to while climbing the stairs of life?
If we are not ready to face the expectation now, will we be ready tomorrow or even in a zillion years?

These few days i've been doing serious thinking of my life. I think i want to shift course.
At this point of time, I am still uncertain if i'm doing the right thing.. Probably the right thing for some people but my job doesn't excite me. My life doesn't excite me that much as well.

Yeah... You have a conflict when you know exactly what you want in life and you are not going toward the direction.
U know you have a conflict when u know for a fact that u need to do some dramatic changes in your life but u are too afraid of the consequences.
My hunch is that there are a lot of people like me--people who always felt called toward a certain type of career or goal in life, but who wound up grabbing the first safety rope that appeared. You can definitely climb that rope pretty high, and even make lots of money and have an impressive-sounding job title. But it's no key to satisfaction because you can never escape what you know inside: that there's something else you'd rather be doing, if only you had the courage and the opportunity to do it.

They say if you don't love what you do and look forward to doing it, that means you are condemning yourself to a life of discontent.
Hey dude, it's not as easy as it seem. Just because I don't like what I do now, does not mean I can quit the whole thing right now and shift away. This literally means i voluntarily send myself to a death sentence! I still have mouths to feed. Yup, my own and those little kitties!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Sometimes,as much as we want to do what we want,we have those commitments for us to think over again.Fret not,there may be other ways to realize your dream.It may not be as easy as for others,or may not be as smooth sailing,but so what.Doing what you do now,doesn't mean that this is it.