click for the latest & hippiest gadget in town!

Thursday, February 17, 2005

The thing with the Malaysian Corporate Company

I can't say that i hate my job coz it feeds me everyday. But I hate dealing with people of the company i'm working with more than dealing with anybody else in the world. I can't seem to understand and tolerate with ppl who are passive (read: SLOW!). They are just testing my patience! I don't brisk walk so please... If you can't run, could you at least jog? Sigh, no wonder alot of Malaysians have fat asses!

I know some people in my team might not like me... They would probably be talking ill of me rite now. When i work, i don't like hanky panky. Just get down to business. And that's why some people take me for granted. That's when i would gladly fire them back, even in a meeting and even if she/they are of higher rank than me. Older is not wiser. It's the speed of the IQ & EQ get u where u wanna go. Sometimes i wonder how some ppl get promoted when he/she is just a plain stupid! Anyone wants to protest against promotion based on seniority system? I dont even wanna start with Malays & the Malay dilemma. Sucks, man!

3 comments:

Dee said...

It's not just the seniority at times.Sometimes,you have ideas the elder ones won't listen just cos they think you are showing off.Pfffttt...

Mrs Bumblebee said...

Og dearie,

I know how u feel, working in TM is much or less de same as here. This is wat happens when they are too many Malays jam packed de org. Ive been working with both,the Malay and non-Malay co. Non-Malay, they will only think bout money and work, so no time to joke and rest, but in the end when they say the meeting will start at 9, it will start at 9, and the money will eventually come in and u r deeply satisfied with de result. Off course, your social and interpersonal skills are deemed to die there, but at least there's less annoyance becoz u can get the job done. In Malay populated co., when the meeting is scheduled at 9, off course it will eventually start to kick off an hour later, and still the room is only 1/3 packed with the audience. And money, politics, seniority basis, social affairs, resistance to change-those things are on top of everything.
Welcome to de real world dear.
But no matter how de reality bites, we just love to complain. I did dat everyday :)

JiGz said...

Dee: Yeah, unfortunately but i guess i can see the "maturity" of the seniors as compared to years before.

Yuyu: Actually i was wondering who is this yuyu dearie.. Mystery resolved when i read ur blog tadi. *wink* yups, it's a Malay dilemma. As long as 'takkan Melayu hilang di dunia', all we could do is just complaint and comply.