click for the latest & hippiest gadget in town!

Friday, October 01, 2004

Who is better at argument?

I was on the way to the office.
In traffic jam.. accompanied with the fm wave.
The fellow was talking about "men vs women - who is better at argument?"
Sexist topic, again!among the easiest way to get listeners' attention. chauvinist.
Well, have to say.. worked on me.

So, who's better?

There are two types of argument. One, a healthy argument, another is unhealthy argument (well, obviously).

I think most ppl know pon, healthy argument is when we can argue about everyday stuff, politics, environment, the world, whatever... and it's like a mental exercise. Who wins? The person with better brain, supported by the right facts. (I like it when i win.. i feel so smart!! hehehe) I personally think that it's not the gender that counts. It's intelligence.. Maturity, the way we percieve things. And at the end of the day, everybody gains.

When ppl argue for a small thing or over a stupid stuff, that's when the argument turns ugly. And it's bad for your health. It usually filled the air with anger. And anger is 10% emotion and 90% nonsense. And of course, i can safely say, girls are pretty much good at this. Ada sket emotional la.. I, on the the other hand, usually walk out the door when i sense the heat.

But then again, at times i do like arguments. I could easily say what i wanted to say without needing to be careful with my words, or hurting the other party. It makes me feel good. Even though the aftermath is disasterous, it doesn't matter. i finally get to send my words across.

But most times, i have to withdraw. My instructor once said, to get the best of argument - avoid it. Especially if i'm dealing with a person that has so much ego in 'em. Or in a relationsip.. Duran Duran said, "Pride will tear us both apart. Well now pride's gone out the window, cross the rooftops, runaway."

Pride. Swallow it. And drink a lot of water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no update since friday???
come on..
i'm like ur biggest fan...

JiGz said...

Hahaha.. I wonder~!!